Continental Tires, one of the leading manufacturers of premium tires globally, held an exhibition of its latest tire technology and mobility solutions with a focus on safety, sustainability, and high performance at the Bharat Mobility Expo 2024 in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. The event witnessed various domestic and international stakeholders from the auto sector including customers, suppliers and distributors, businesses (B2B and B2C), investors, and other industry experts.
Continental Tires showcased a mix of products – imported and the ones manufactured in India allowing visitors to know about the brand’s continuous commitment to providing customers with a valuable experience and comprehensive mobility solutions.
On this occasion, Mr. Samir Gupta, MD Continental Tires and Head of Central Region BA RE APAC said “The grand exhibit at the Bharat Mobility Expo 2024 recognizes the fact that India is emerging as one of the largest vehicle manufacturing markets, the expo serves as a focal point where potential investors converge, bolstering India’s position as the preferred destination for new manufacturers. Additionally, Continental Tires is keen to play an active role and contribute to this transforming Indian market which is becoming more organized. The brand also is working towards aligning itself with the government’s goals of ensuring maximum road safety and sustainability by providing high-performance tires and Conti360 Digital Solutions that continue to add to valuable customer experience.”
Among the highlights of Continental Tires’ showcase at the expo were:
1. Conti UltraContact NXT – With up to 65 percent renewable, recycled and mass balance certified materials, it combines a remarkably high share of sustainable materials with maximum safety and performance. Continental is the first manufacturer to launch a tire with both a high share of sustainable materials and maximum EU tire-label performance in volume production. All 19 sizes available will carry the highest possible rating (“A”) of the EU tire label in rolling resistance, wet braking, and exterior noise. Currently, the UltraContact NXT will be available for tire dealers in Europe. Continental has developed a more energy-efficient and eco-friendly alternative that allows it to recycle between nine and fifteen plastic bottles for each tire, depending on the tire size. Continental is aiming for fully circular operations in its tire production by 2050 at the latest.
2. Premium Contact 6 Sealant – ContiSeal is a truly innovative and ingenious tire technology that immediately seals punctures. ContiSeal offers a simple solution to a seemingly small challenge that can create big problems. For instance, if a wheel is ruptured from a nail prick, the ContiSeal automatically seals the puncture from within trapping the air inside while keeping the tyre inflated and your car mobile. A sticky, viscous sealant layer fixes tread damage up to 5 mm in diameter. It works instantly, even if the puncturing object becomes dislodged. The technology has no impact on the driving experience or the handling of your car under normal circumstances.
3. Hybrid CHD2+ UM – The Hybrid CHD2+ is meticulously designed to provide higher tread mileage and Better Endurance improvement with a cooler running base. The tire ensures better performance in hybrid applications alongside greater mileage to provide a smooth and safe driving experience in diverse road conditions. The tire is suited for E-commerce and Express Cargo vehicles.
4. Hybrid CHS2+UM – The Hybrid CHS2+ incorporates optimal construction for durable performance in hybrid applications. The pinnacle of innovation in the automotive industry, integrating advanced materials, engineering precision, and performance-enhancing features the Conti Hybrid CHS2+ provides a higher tread mileage. It is suitable for express cargo vehicles ensuring good casing at the end of life.
5. CrossContact H/T – The Cross Contact H/T (H/T = Highway/Terrain), launched in India in 2023, tyre is developed with a particularly robust and durable design, tailored to the market’s needs of driving on- and off-road (80% on and 20% off-road). The Multi-purpose tread offers significantly high mileage, comfort, and safety. Crafted with precision at the Modipuram plant, the Cross Contact H/T is tailor-made for Indian roads. its versatile range caters to various rim sizes, from 15 inches to 18 inches in diameter, ensuring the perfect fit for all passenger vehicles. The new CrossContact H/T is designed with a multi-purpose tread pattern to handle the daily challenges of a passenger car, crossover, and SUV tire just as well as a product developed for use on asphalt. It is an easy-to-use visual indicator that informs the driver’s need to check the vehicle wheel alignment for optimized tread life. Thereby, giving an extra measure of confidence and convenience.
6. ContiCoach CCA3 – The ContiCoach CCA3 with its revolutionary tyres technology provides greater tread width for higher mileage and its further enhanced wet braking performance ensures safety. Its wider tread ribs and high-density interlocking sipes
ensure excellent cornering stability while the high-value casing provides better retreadibility.
Conti360 Digital Solutions: Continental also showcased its new range of Intelligent Tires – a part of Conti360 Digital Solutions. These Digital Solutions are an end-to-end completely automated offering with sensors that enable 24×7 monitoring of tyres on the road where customers can monitor the fleet remotely and in real-time. The data helps improve tyre status visibility, increasing vehicle road safety and reducing tyre-related maintenance costs.
Continental’s I-tyres are equipped with sensors developed by Continental’s automotive arm and are designed for tubeless tyres to enhance safety on Indian roads. Some of its benefits include:
● Increasing tyre mileage
● Optimized the fuel consumption in the fleet
● Sensors monitor the tyre performance on roads and send alerts in case of punctures or loss of air pressure
● Once the vehicle comes back to the yard, the yard reader station collects data from sensors and transmits this data to the fleet team/fleet owner
● ContiConnect can also be integrated with GPS which allows monitoring fleet tyre performance and receiving alerts. As a result ContiConnect helps the end consumer with
○ Reduced fuel spend
○ Increased tyre mileage
○ Increase vehicle safety
Continental Tires prioritizes safety through cutting-edge technology, robust design, and rigorous testing for unparalleled road security. Continental Tires has been using technology to develop innovative, durable, and secure products for the road transport industry.