Beijing, China, Oct 16, 2019 — Littelfuse, today introduced a series of low capacitance TVS Diode Arrays (SPA Diodes) optimized to protect high-speed differential data lines from electrostatic discharge (ESD), cable discharge events (CDE), electrical fast transients (EFT), and lightning-induced surges, keeping network communications reliable by safeguarding signal integrity.
The SP3384NUTG Series can protect up to four channels against up to 15A (IEC 61000-4-5 2nd edition) and up to ±30kV ESD (IEC 61000-4-2) and is available in a compact μDFN package. The combination of low capacitance and low clamping voltage make the SP3384NUTG a robust protection solution for 2.5G/5G/10G Ethernet high-speed data interfaces without signal degradation, resulting in high reliability for a variety of applications.
Typical markets and applications for the SP3384NUTG Series TVS Diodes include:
- Datacenter and Telecom – 2.5G/5G/10G Ethernet, WAN/LAN Equipment, 5G Wireless Backhaul
- Industrial – LVDS Interfaces, Integrated Magnetics
- Consumer Electronics – Desktops, Servers and Notebooks
“Building upon similar footprints in 1GbE and 5GbE applications, the SP3384NUTG expands our portfolio to fill a market need for ultra-strong ESD and surge protection for today’s fastest 10GbE consumer ethernet solutions,” said Tim Micun, Director of Business Development, TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Diodes). “It is also packaged in a compact configuration that is familiar to the datacenter, telecom and consumer electronics industries.”
The SP3384NUTG Series TVS Diode Arrays offer these key benefits:
- Low capacitance (0.5pF per I/O) and low clamping voltage (4V@Ipp=1A) preserves signal integrity and minimizes data loss while offering a more robust device against electrical threats.
- Compact μDFN packaging (3.0 x 2.0mm) is optimized for protection of high-speed differential data lines.
- Provides protection for two differential data pairs (4 channels) against up to 15A.
- Exceeds the maximum IEC standards requirement for ESD protection, ensuring product reliability.
For More Information
Additional information is available on the SP3384NUTG Series product page.