SAN JOSE, Calif.— Designers can now achieve double the battery life together with robust protection and highest accuracy for internet of things (IoT), industrial and healthcare applications with three new Essential Analog ICs from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. MAX41400 instrumentation amplifier, MAX40108 precision operational amplifier and MAX31343 real-time clock (RTC) with integrated MEMS oscillator.
When designing IoT and battery-operated sensors, engineers must develop systems that provide longer battery life while accurately measuring real-world voltages, forces and pressures. Power budgets require these sensors to achieve precision on the first measurement, with little to no calibration. Furthermore, industrial and internet of things (IoT) applications require these sensors to withstand extreme physical conditions of temperature, humidity and mechanical abuse.
Maxim Integrated’s New Essential Analog Precision Measurement ICs:
- The MAX41400 instrumentation amplifier enhances sensor system accuracy by 4x and extends battery life by 55 percent compared to the closest competitive offering. The MAX41400 provides low offset of 25µV, low noise and programmable gain with only 65µA current consumption.
- The combination of low operational supply voltage, lower power consumption and 25.5µA quiescent current allows engineers to double sensor battery life.
- The MAX31343 I²C RTC with integrated MEMS oscillator provides timekeeping accuracy of ±5ppm, substantially better than the closest competitor, plus robust protection afforded by a MEMS resonator. With its integrated resonator, the MAX31343 eliminates crystal mechanical failures and enables the smallest WLP compared to any other competitor in the market. The innovative packaging scheme, developed by Maxim Integrated, makes this unique combination of size, accuracy and robustness possible.
- All these products offer multiple and small form factor package choices.
- Extended battery life: The MAX40108 precision operational amplifier doubles sensor battery life with 0.9V operation compared to the closest competitive offering at 1.8V. In battery-operated industrial sensors, the MAX41400 extends battery life from existing 7.4 hours to 11.5 hours compared to the closest competitive offering.
- Highest Accuracy: The MAX31343 provides the highest accuracy timing, guaranteeing <3min deviation per year. The MAX41400 enhances sensor system accuracy by up to two effective bits with a combination of low offset, low noise and integrated programmable gain.
- Robust Protection: Along with its nanoPower and high accuracy features, the MAX31343 also provides shock resistance of >2900G and vibration resistance of >50G. Maxim Integrated is the only RTC supplier offering this level of robust protection in the market.
- “The growth of industrial and healthcare IoT applications is driving a growing need for enhanced battery life management and accuracy of measurement to support reduction of power consumption and availability of devices,” said Adam Davidson, analyst at Omdia.
- “These three products represent the best in our Essential Analog offering,” said Vickram Vathulya, vice president of Core Products Group at Maxim Integrated. “Maxim’s mission continues to be providing engineers the finest products to sense and interface with the analog world. These solutions provide superb accuracy and low power consumption for the most demanding sensor applications.”
Availability and Pricing
- 0.87 (1000-up, FOB USA); also available from authorized distributors. The MAX41400EVKIT# evaluation kit is also available
- MAX40108 is available at Maxim Integrated’s website for $0.99 (1000-up, FOB USA); also available from authorized distributors. The MAX40108EVKIT# evaluation kit is also available
- MAX31343 is available at Maxim Integrated’s website for $1.72 (1000-up, FOB USA); also available from authorized distributors; The MAX31343SHLD# evaluation kit is also available
For more information, please visit at https://www.maximintegrated.com.