ORLANDO, Florida, March 19, 2019 – Ribbon Communications, today announced the general availability of its Session Border Controller (SBC) Software edition Lite (SWe Lite) in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace. The SWe Lite is a virtualized enterprise SBC that delivers small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) cost-effective, advanced Unified Communications (UC), collaboration and security capabilities, now from the Azure Marketplace. In addition, Ribbon’s SBC SWe Lite delivers high-performance and capacity in Microsoft Hyper-V and is one of a select few solutions that is fully certified to deliver secure voice services for Microsoft Teams Direct Routing and Skype for Business.
“Making our SBC SWe Lite available in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace not only is another major step forward in our cloud investment strategy, but more importantly it helps our customers evolve their communications capabilities to the cloud quickly and conveniently,” said Kevin Riley, Chief Technology Officer for Ribbon. “In addition to being very intuitive and easy to deploy, our certified Microsoft solution provides advanced voice, media and security at what we believe will be lower Azure virtual machine costs when compared to alternative solutions in the market.”
“Through Microsoft Azure Marketplace, customers around the world can easily find, buy, and deploy partner solutions they can trust, all certified and optimized to run on Azure,” said Sajan Parihar, Director, Microsoft Azure Platform at Microsoft Corp. “We’re happy to welcome Ribbon’s Session Border Controller SWe Lite to the growing Azure Marketplace ecosystem.”
The Ribbon SBC SWe Lite frees up customers from capital expenditures, delivering predictable operating expenses and is simple to deploy and use. The advanced solution leverages minimal compute resources in the Azure Marketplace, while delivering advanced voice, media and security capabilities in a cost efficient manner. The SBC SWe Lite will be demonstrated at Enterprise Connect, taking place March 18 -21, in Orlando, FL. Visit the Ribbon booth #811 to see this and other market-leading enterprise-focused communications solutions.
- Ribbon’s Session Border Controller (SBC) Software edition (SWe) Lite is now generally available in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
- The SBC SWe Lite is certified for use with Direct Routing in Microsoft Teams.
- The SWe Lite is a virtualized enterprise Session Border Controller that delivers SMBs the latest in secure Unified Communications and collaboration capabilities.
- Ribbon continues to invest in high growth markets and is experiencing continued adoption of its session software solutions by enterprises from a variety of market sectors as they evolve and modernize their data and voice network capabilities.
- The Ribbon SBC SWe Lite will be on display at Enterprise Connect, March 18 -21 in Orlando.