According to Precedence Research, the global semiconductor manufacturing equipment market size is projected to be worth around USD 141.6 billion by 2030. Furthermore, the growth rate from 2022 to 2030 is positioned to be at a CAGR of 7.69%.
The spike in demand for consumer electronics is one of the primary reasons driving the growth of the worldwide semiconductor manufacturing equipment market. There is a growing demand for advanced and miniaturized semiconductor components and parts in the consumer electronics industry. Furthermore, technological developments and the adoption of innovative technologies such as artificial intelligence and blockchain are boosting the worldwide semiconductor manufacturing equipment market’s growth and development.
Furthermore, technical improvements in extreme ultraviolet lithography equipment will drive the semiconductor manufacturing equipment market. Manufacturing consumer electronics is one of the most important uses of semiconductor equipment and devices. Furthermore, the increased use of smartphones and wearable devices is fueling the growth of the semiconductor manufacturing equipment market.
Report Scope of the Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment Market
|Market Size by 2030||USD 141.6 Billion|
|Growth Rate from 2022 to 2030||CAGR of 7.69%|
|Largest Market||Asia Pacific|
|Fastest Growing Market||Europe|
|Forecast Period||2022 to 2030|
|Segments Covered||Equipment Type, Dimension, Application, Product Type, Supply Chain Participant, Geography|
- On the basis of equipment type, front end equipment segment holds the largest market share in the global semiconductor manufacturing equipment market. In the worldwide semiconductor manufacturing equipment industry, there are various market players selling front-end equipment. According to the Semiconductor Industry Association, semiconductor development and production account for the majority of chip value. As a result, this element is propelling the segment forward.
- On the basis of dimension, the 3D segment holds the largest market share in the global semiconductor manufacturing equipment market. Technological advancements in semiconductor devices and equipment production are one of the primary drivers driving the segment’s growth. In the semiconductor manufacturing equipment sector, 3D integrated circuits are widely employed.
- On the basis of application, the semiconductor fabrication plant/foundry segment holds the largest market share in the global semiconductor manufacturing equipment market. In industries such as medical devices, consumer electronics, and automobiles, the demand for semiconductors is quickly increasing. This is pushing the adoption of semiconductor manufacturing equipment in semiconductor fabrication plants and foundries.
Asia-Pacific is the largest segment of the semiconductor manufacturing equipment market in terms of region. China is dominating the semiconductor manufacturing equipment market in the Asia-Pacific region. The existence of significant industry players, particularly in rising nations like China and Japan, is propelling the region’s semiconductor manufacturing equipment market forward. Japan and Korea were the top exporters of semiconductor manufacturing equipment in 2016, according to the International Trade Administration. As a result, the market for semiconductor manufacturing equipment is likely to grow in the coming years.
Europe region is the fastest-growing region in the semiconductor manufacturing equipment market. The UK holds the highest market share in the Europe semiconductor manufacturing equipment market. The expansion of the semiconductor manufacturing equipment market in Europe is being fueled by rising investments in semiconductor manufacturing equipment. Furthermore, solid trade links with other countries are contributing to the growth of Europe’s semiconductor manufacturing equipment market.
Drivers: Growing government initiatives
The semiconductors are largely used in the manufacturing and production process of various consumer electronics. Therefore, government all around the world is highly invested in the semiconductor manufacturing equipment industry. The government is also providing tax benefits to the manufacturers of semiconductor manufacturing equipment. As a result, the growing government initiatives are driving the growth and development of the global semiconductor manufacturing equipment market.
Restraints: Supply chain disruptions
There are many members involved in the supply chain of the semiconductor manufacturing equipment market. But due to the coronavirus outbreak, the supply chain of the semiconductor manufacturing equipment market was hampered to a greater extent. Thus, this type of situation restricts the expansion of the global semiconductor manufacturing equipment market during the projected period.
Opportunities: Surge in demand for semiconductor fabrication facilities
As per the SEMI’s World Fab Forecast issued in June 2021, semiconductor manufacturers began building 19 new high-volume fabs in 2021, with another 10 high-volume fabs expected to be built in 2022. Thus, the demand for semiconductor fabrication facilities is growing, which is providing lucrative opportunities for the global semiconductor manufacturing equipment market.
Challenges: Complex process of manufacturing semiconductor equipment
The manufacturing facilities for semiconductors must be located in clean surroundings. In addition, the supply of semiconductor manufacturing equipment should be done without any kind of defects. The adoption of innovative technologies can speed up the process of semiconductor manufacturing. As a result, the complex process of manufacturing semiconductor equipment is the biggest challenge for the growth of the global semiconductor manufacturing equipment market over the forecast period.
- Applied Materials Inc. and BE Semiconductor Industries declared an agreement in October 2020 to create a chip-to-chip interconnect technology that will enable subsystems designs and heterogenous chips such as advanced computing 5G and Artificial Intelligence. It will be the first proven and full hybrid bonding equipment solution.
- Teradyne and Syntiant Corporation, an artificial intelligence chip firm, successfully sent millions of their microwatt power all over the world.
- The Berliner Glas Group, including its subsidiaries, was acquired by ASML chipmaking equipment manufacturing company in November 2020.
Some of the prominent players in the global semiconductor manufacturing equipment market include:
- Applied Materials Inc.
- Tokyo Electron Limited
- Lam Research Corporation
- KLA Corporation
- Dainippon Screen Group
- Hitachi High Technologies Corporation
- ASM International
- Ferrotec Holdings Corporation
- Canon Machinery Inc.
Regional Insights on semiconductor manufacturing equipment market:
The several sections on regional segmentation provide information on the regional characteristics of the global semiconductor manufacturing equipment market. This chapter discusses the regulatory environment that will have an impact on the global market. It highlights the market’s political landscape & anticipates its impact on the worldwide semiconductor manufacturing equipment industry. Global brands’ presence and availability, as well as the problems they face from fierce competition from local & domestic brands, the influence of domestic tariffs, and trade channels, are all considered. The semiconductor manufacturing equipment report examines the five areas & their distribution by country:
North America – (U.S., Canada, and Mexico)
Europe – (U.K., Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, CIS Countries, and Rest of Europe)
Asia Pacific – (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, ASEAN, and Rest of APAC)
Middle East & Africa – (South Africa, GCC Countries, Nigeria, Egypt, and Rest of ME&A)
South America – (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, and Rest of South America)