- Q1: Net revenues $2.08 billion; operating margin 10.2%; net income $178 million
- Cash dividend of $0.24 per common share payable in equal quarterly installments proposed to the 2019 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
- Q2 business outlook at mid-point: net revenues up about 2.4% Q/Q and gross margin of about 38.5%
24 April 2019 : STMicroelectronics, a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, reported U.S. GAAP financial results for the first quarter ended March 30, 2019.
ST reported first quarter net revenues of $2.08 billion, gross margin of 39.4%, operating margin of 10.2%, and net income of $178 million or $0.20 diluted earnings per share.
Jean-Marc Chery, STMicroelectronics President & CEO, commented:
- “In the first quarter of 2019, revenues and gross margin performed as anticipated, amid softened market dynamics. We maintained a solid level of profitability, with operating margin above 10% and net income of $178 million.
- “Looking at the second quarter, we plan to return to sequential revenue growth. Our second quarter outlook, at the mid-point, is for net revenues to increase about 2.4%; gross margin is expected to be about 38.5%.
- “For the full year 2019, we expect net revenues to be in the range of about $9.45 to $9.85 billion. We therefore plan for strong sequential growth in the second half of the year compared with the first half, across the Industrial, Automotive and Personal Electronics end markets. Our revenue expectation is taking into account engaged customer programs, new product introductions, and assumes improving market conditions.
- “We are moderating our investment plans, with our 2019 CAPEX plan now $1.1 – $1.2 billion, from $1.2 – $1.3 billion initially.
- “Our objectives in 2019 are to outperform our served market and to deliver sustainable profitability.”
For full report in PDF click here